Marketing has undergone a transformation over the past 5 – 10 years. Online marketing is a fraction of the cost of traditional forms of marketing, such as exhibitions.
Customers increasingly do their own research to compare potential suppliers of goods & services. The need to directly sell has diminished, being replaced by the need to inform in a relevant manner.
Graduate marketing projects generally tap into the ability to analyse data & communicate to prospective customers in an effective way.
Projects have included:
- getting a clear picture of who the target audience is
- developing a promotional & pricing plan for future products in the pipeline
- creating content for multiple use on the website, in pdf information sheets, in press releases & in email broadcasts
- managing an email campaign, creating raw content & coordinating the delivery with a web agency & PR agency
- creating a powerpoint presentation for displaying on a tablet when meeting prospective customers
- introducing systems which “join the dots” of the website, social media & email broadcasts
- improving the quality of customer data to support email broadcasts & the efficient scheduling of sales visits
If you’re an enterprising graduate & reckon you can use modern marketing techniques to persuade customers to buy from a small business, I’d like to hear from you.